Saturday, August 27, 2011

The Nice Girl Syndrome

I was at Borders, my favorite book store and yes I am sad to see they are closing! I was checking out the bare bones bookshelf and found "The Nice Girl Syndrome" by Beverly Engel, 10 steps to empowering yourself and ending abuse. Stop being Manipulated and Abused- and start Standing up for Yourself.

WOW! That's me! The back says:

Are you too nice for your own good? Do family members manipulate you? Do co-workers take advantage of you? If this sounds familiar read, The Nice Girl Syndrome.

It talks about those women that become targets or that are more likely to become victimized emotionally, physically and sexually. It shows you tips and how-to's on empowering yourself to break free of these patterns!

Oh! This is for me! I have of course a bookshelf filled with self helps on this that or the other, but for some reason this one screamed out at me. Ok maybe it was the cool picture on the cover, the shoes are adorable!

I know I'm a nice girl. I have been told repeatedly that I'm "too nice". I let people walk all over me and this is not a new thing. I back down from confrontations, I hate to start arguements or to get involved in a fight and am usually the first to walk away.

So over the next few weeks I am giving myself homework from my bookshelf! I'll start out with this book and take you through the next couple of months learning with me about how to break free of the bondage of abuse or to just raise your self esteem. Heaven knows I need all I can get!

So are you ready? Let's go!

No comments:

Post a Comment