Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Thinking positive about my STBX...

I do not like to bad mouth my STBX in front of the kiddos. It's not right, even though I could and have to bite my tongue. I feel that I should not sink to his level. Terry had a great idea! He was amazed at the amount of bad things or memories we have. He told the girls to think of positive things about their Dad. Ok, if they can do it, I can suck it up and think about it for a bit and join in!

I thought, and thought and thought and thought.. Everytime I recalled a positive there was a negative. You see, I am sure you know people that are like this, someone that will give you the shirt off they're back but then turn around and make sure you don't forget they did something nice for you or they expect you to be at their beck and call! That's my STBX!  I tried! I really did! I came up in the end with nothing. It's sad and pitiful in a way. I will still encourage the girls to find something positive, but as for me it doesn't seem to be happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment