Thursday, January 27, 2011

Notes to my children

Notes to my children:

Why I left your Father. I didn’t do it to hurt you. I didn’t do it out of spite or to be mean. I didn’t do it to make your Dad sad. I do not hate your Father and please don’t think it’s because of anything you did! It’s not because of you!

I left your Dad because of what I saw him do to you. I saw your Dad hurt you too many times. I saw him make your cry and he told you many lies.

He lied to you when he called you fat. You are beautiful!

He lied to you when he said you were stupid and a dumb ass. Your brains surpass ours! You are very smart!

He lied to you when he said I didn’t care about you. I love you with all my heart! There is not a think I would not do for you!

It tore me apart to watch your eyes fill with tears as he hurt your feelings bit by bit with words and when he put his hands on you.

I am sorry I didn’t always protect you. I am sorry I wasn’t always there to step in between and protect you.

I left your Dad because of so many times he hurt you and me. To hear of him pulling your hair, slapping your face, chocking you or beating you for some reason that wasn’t really your fault. He was just having a bad day and took it out on someone and sometimes that was you.

I left your Dad to free you from further pain and hurts. I didn’t want him to keep threatening to kill you or to hurt you again. Or to hurt you because he was angry at Mommy.

I left your Dad so you can learn how to be normal and free.

I left your Dad so you can learn to love and that learn that love doesn’t hurt! And it’s not right to hurt the person you love with words or fists!

I left your Dad so you can learn and know that our marriage wasn’t a typical marriage, that people that are married or in love don’t do those mean things to one another or their children!

I left your Dad so you wouldn’t have to see him spank me. That’s not what a Dad is supposed to do!

I left your Dad so you wouldn’t be scared he would kill or hurt Mommy if you didn’t act right or didn’t listen to him.

I didn’t leave your Dad because of you! I left your Dad for you! I left him because I love you!
 Love,
Mom
12/22/2009

No comments:

Post a Comment