- The American Medical Association estimates that over 4 million women are victims of severe assaults by boyfriends and husbands each year.
- Around the world, at least 1 in every 3 women has been beaten, coerced into sex, or otherwise abused in her lifetime.
- Nearly 1/3 of American women (31%) report being physically or sexually abused by a husband or boyfriend at some point in their lives.
- Approximately 1 in 5 female high shcool students report being physically and/or sexually abused by a dating partner.
- Three in 4 women (76%) who reported that they have been raped and/or physically assaulted since age 18 said that a current or former husband, cohabitating partner or date commited the assault.
- Nearly 1/5 (18%) reported experiencing a completed or attempted rape at some time in their lives.
- Annually in the U.S., 503,485 women are stalked by an initimate partner. 78% of stalking victims are women.
Beverly mentions that she does not blame the nice girl but she does say there must be a reason why she stays or put's up with the behavior.
Personally, I was worried about the threats he made towards our children, my family and myself. He made many sadistic and horrible threats of violence. Each victim has her/his reason for why.