A little about me

My photo
Brook, IN, United States
Abuse doesn't stop at the court room. Melinda has shared her battles in her life and through the court room as she navigates through the legal system Bringing encouragement, insight and empowerment to those that are in a abusive relationship. She is in the process of creating a new life, speaking engagements to "Break the Silence" of abuse, while putting a face to abuse. She is currently working on writing a book about her experiences as a Survivor.View short Bio here- https://www.patheos.com/blogs/ahappymedium/2013/02/notbrokenbutbrave/

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

You made me stronger!

I say these words but I'm so unclear whether it's true or not. Today's events has brought so many memories of hurt and pain.

It's amazing how just a mere word or thought can trigger such a huge wave of emotion. I still feel annoyed at myself for crying or breaking down when something like that happens.

I remembered getting pushed down stairs.
Getting my head/neck caught in the door or headlock.
Being smothered by a pillow or with his hand.
I was thrown out of a car several times (moving once) .
Kicked in the lower back/tail bone.

Just a few things I can think of off the top of my head that could have injured my back. I won't go through the other parts of my body that seem to bear unseen scars of attacks over the years.

I'm anxious to (more then slim chance) finalize in June. I am less then anxious to think that soon I more then likely be stuck battling this man and his craziness for the next 5 years or so if he is awarded unsupervised.
I pray there is some solution to this. I'm sorry for rambling!

Stay safe and have a great night.

BIG HUGS
Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment