Wednesday, June 20, 2012

My Bucket List

What have you always wanted to do or see? I was encouraged when Terry and I started dating to create a list of things I want to do! This is great to do for you! Dig deep, not necessarily expensive things to do, just random things that you can take off or add to.

When you leave your abuser may have a tendency to just sit and cry. Depression can set in. Get yourself to think about something other than your abuser. Do something for you or do something enjoyable with someone care about. Love life again!


Listen to some big band music, jazz or Irish band or Celtic music or classical- DONE

I want to see a civil war re-enactment- DONE

Go to Amish country

Stay at a Bed and Breakfast for the weekend

Looking at the architecture downtown or FLW's home

Ren Fest

Charity Ball or go somewhere so I can get dressed up and go and feel like a princess

Go to worlds longest garage sale

A concert maybe outdoors (free would be great)**** Took a small trip and heard

Go to an island or on a cruise was talking about it and it sounds lovely

Take a ride on a train to nowhere and see what's there. (Yes man)

Take vocal lessons

Learn to play piano-Update-2015 I bought a keyboard. Never got around to learning to play. I sold it.

Tubing on a calm stream

Air Zoo in MI

Find a field of flowers or tall grass to walk in-DONE

Go to see weird and funky sightseeing places along the road. Like the biggest ball of twine or Toy museum

Travel around the States

Buckley Homestead- Lowell, IN-Done 2014

Jerusalem 

Ireland

Australia

Backpacking through Europe- I wanted to do that when I was a kid

See a Round Barn

Dye part or all of my hair pink! I have wanted to do that since I was a teen and for some reason, this has stayed with me for years. Yea, I'm a goober!- I did this in November of this year! 2014

Learn Reflexology- Learning more and more each year and incorporating Energy work! If you are in NW Indiana drop me a line!- DONE!

See a movie by myself

Write a book about my life- Did this but need to edit and finally edit sometime soon. DONE- 2017 more books to come!

Talk to others (Schools/Women's groups) about Domestic Abuse- I did have a blurb on the internet and in the local paper about me and my story.-DOING this 

Learn to crochet/knit/tat- learning Crocheting! I can single Crochet and Double Crochet! I only know how to make blankets and scarves but it's a start.

Mission work! Our plan is to take our bus (we are converting into an RV!) and go around the US to help others where needed. Maybe an old farm established CSA, or help with disaster relief. We are SUPER close to doing this over the upcoming SUMMER 2016! WAHOO!!- God had other plans! I got sick, we found our "Forever home" and my first Grandbaby arrived!

Take more educational classes for various energy work

Create a successful self-sustaining farmstay/Airbnb where I can host gardening/healing seminars for victims/Survivors

Go to Grant Park and just look at the fountain- DONE!

Make Youtube videos to inspire others that are trapped in DV situations to let them know they are not alone. I want to put a voice with my mug!- DONE! 2016

Camping- DONE

Fishing- DONE

Canoeing- DONE

Snorkeling

Fancy dinner with a waiter, white table cloths and so on-DONE

Learn to play chess

Go on a picnic- DONE

Enrolled in a few classes- Still learning!

To go see a play, doesn't have to be a Broadway play or musical- DONE- My Sister and the theatre group is amazing at the South Suburban College in South Holland, IL

Dunes or Turkey Run, or Mt. Baldy-DONE

Bake Christmas cookies-Do and glad we don't have to do a ton of them. Now we are going sugar-free/gluten free so our menu is changing.

Hiking- PCT/Lewis & Clark/Appalachian Trail

Bike across the US for Domestic Abuse Awareness

Be DEBT FREE

Meet Motivational Speakers/Authors that inspired me








No comments:

Post a Comment