Monday, February 6, 2012

The Powell family

The Powell family
http://abcnews.go.com/US/powell-family-tragedy-timeline-events/story?id=15520239#.TzA_p_nQddI


I am sadden to hear about the events that unfolded and how the case worker must feel, but I can't but feel some immense harshness must be put on our legal system. No, it can not save everyone, but those children didn't get a chance. Thousands of children dragged through our legal system to give rights to parents that can not otherwise see their child unless it is supervised. Who is the voice for these children? I can not even put into words how horrific and terrible that had to be...

Their Mother has still not been found alive or dead. It's too early to speculate on details. It is hard to feel remorse for this man. A friend of the family mentioned that the children were possessions to him. Funny, I felt my STBX felt the same way about us.

Please if you are in a domestic situation, get to safety and let someone know what you are going through. It's hard to tell anyone that everything will be OK when you hear about this story or others with families in turmoil and strife. And it is sad to say that there is a chance that you won't make it through the divorce process alive also, you may have to keep safe and do whatever you have to in order to keep your children safe. But whatever means... Don't be silent anymore.


2 comments:

  1. your blog is bringing tears to my eyes. thank you so so much. i hope you know just how much confidence and happiness you instill in other women. God bless you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words. I only wish to help those that are in a bad relationship learn from my experience and to know they are not alone! Many blessings to you for making me feel fuzzy and warm. I appreciate it!

    BIG HUGS!
    Mel

    ReplyDelete