Dearest Blog reader,
I don't know where you are in your circumstances. I don't know how you are surviving. I don't know anything about you. But I know something going on in your life or the life of someone you care about brought you here.
I can tell you a few things of importance...
1) You are NOT to blame
2) You WILL get through this!
3) You are STRONGER than you think you are
4) You are BRAVER than you believe
5) You are NOT worthy to be treated poorly
6) It will take TIME to heal! Your past experiences won't go away the minute you walk away from your abuser. Those memories will be with you for life. As time passes it will become as raw and intense as it was in the beginning. I promise!
7) You are NOT ALONE. Though I will be honest that it may feel as though it is during the time when you just leave. I felt very lonely as well.
I can't believe where I am right now. I've said it numerous times and I'll mention it again:
The life I am living right now is SURREAL. There is no jumping out of my skin waiting for the shoe to drop. I have taken to even getting rid of some nightlights (Solar lights). I have a greater confidence. I still dislike confrontations. I can still be a pushover.
I still have moments to give me pause and on a rare occasion I may cry or think about the past.
Don't give up! I believe in you...