Monday, May 25, 2015

Invasion of Privacy!

The recent events of email messages from my ex and supposedly rocked my bubble of bliss. Don't misunderstand me, I'm on guard but sometimes I admit, I get relaxed. I also had a friend request from someone and thought the name sounded familiar, so I accepted.

Overnight the person had started friending about 25+ friends and probably more that I am unaware of. Who friends other people like that? It was weird because it was family and random people.

Concerned? Yes! Here I blog about safety and DUH! I didn't follow my own pearly wisdom. I'm still kicking myself. I am pretty sure it was my ex as well. I'm so paranoid, I guess he won those last few. I let him get to me. In my head that is, causing me to twitch, doubt, check and double check my surroundings, windows in the house, the door locks and car.

I had received notice that due to the emails my ex will have be charged with "Invasion of Privacy" ! From what I have read, he could be fined up to $5,000 and it is punishable with up to 1 year in jail. He could take a plea agreement but unsure what that will entail. I just want to be left alone.

What of our Son? Still in the back of my mind I hold onto hope that someday he will come around. I keep him wrapped in prayer. I hope if some sort of jail time is thrown down to my ex, that my Son does not hate me more.

Well, Dear Blog reader, see I do manage to make a mess of things from time to time.  My old insecurities have reared it's ugly head. I can't help but ask myself, what is up with this? I need to remind myself of my mantras-

I am a child of God
I am safe
I am loved
I am...

During the last few email events, Terry and I talked about the situation. He knows me well enough to know when something is not quite right. I just started babbling that I wanted just to be left alone, that I was tired of this and wanted to leave. (AH! Maybe there is "some truth" to my ex's email about running away).

He suggested I use another email or block him. Court papers state I need to have at least email correspondence for EMERGENCY purposes. I just whined that I didn't want to give up my email address. I pouted a bit too. I almost stomped my feet, well I thought about it.

I fidgeted a bit with my hands and could feel panic setting into my chest, he just took me gently and reminded me that I'm safe and he understands. We decided to just forward any crap from Rob to him and he would deal with it.

I guess I'm my own worst enemy. Or perhaps I am still hoping of some sort of sanity to come out of my ex. Some sort of clarity or "Hey Mel, I'm an total jerk and I'm getting help" kind of message from him. Though I have heard it all before. I am envious of those that have ex's that can maintain a relationship with them and share custody. Sounds weird I know! Of course that won't happen. This goes back to can an abuser change question...

Nope!
So, Dear Blog reader, wherever you are in your journey please know there is no playbook or perfect way to live or recover from abuse.

There is wisdom in learning from past experiences or from others. There is no shame in asking others for help or going to a shelter. There is things you can do to stay safe and trust me you may stumble or fall from time to time but dust yourself off and stand on your feet. You can do it! I believe in you! If you are in a abusive situation please know you can break free. Reach out to a trusted friend or call your local shelter. View my other posts on "Safety lists" or "Safety".

Stay safe and God bless you!

Big HUGS!
Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment