A little about me

My photo
Brook, IN, United States
Abuse doesn't stop at the court room. Melinda has shared her battles in her life and through the court room as she navigates through the legal system Bringing encouragement, insight and empowerment to those that are in a abusive relationship. She is in the process of creating a new life, speaking engagements to "Break the Silence" of abuse, while putting a face to abuse. She is currently working on writing a book about her experiences as a Survivor.View short Bio here- https://www.patheos.com/blogs/ahappymedium/2013/02/notbrokenbutbrave/

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Survivors Cafe- Opening soon!

I have been kicking the notion of gathering survivors together in person to meet, talk, cry and encourage one another. Oh, I do enjoy the web but I like meeting one on one or in a group instead. Even if it's not to talk about the past, but of a future that is positive and filled with new wonders.

I have contacted a few groups to do some speaking about the subject of abuse and the local women's shelters, but with the shelters there is red tape. You can't just walk in and start sharing your story, it's a process, which I do respect, but I feel that meeting somewhere less formal is more desirable, at least in my own opinion.

So I am trying to figure out the details of my pipe dream. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment