Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Finalizing my divorce!

Seriously?! It's that easy?! I went to the courthouse this afternoon and filed a motion for a final hearing, to finalize our seemingly never ending divorce.

I nervously went to the desk at the Clerk's office and told the lady I wanted to file a motion for final hearing, she said, oh sure, sign here and here, oh wait you need to fill out this and when your done let me know. I finished it quickly, it was copied, stamped and on it's way!

I was stunned! Of course I still need to find out if it's accepted. Keep me in your prayers!

Today STBX should be served with his papers. So far not a peep. YEA! I remain cautious...

I visited with a family member and God had laid me with a heavy heart to visit someone I hadn't seen in a long time. I pushed her away early on in my journey for fear of STBX stalking her or bad mouthing her. We chatted for a bit and hugged good bye. She told me not to worry about him, but she didn't have a doubt that he would find out we met somehow.

We both of course were paranoid and kept looking around as we chatted. I felt good about putting that to bed. I missed her! She had been a very good friend! I had lost so many due to him (STBX).

Early today I talked with my Pastor's wife and she had a brillant idea to seek out other DV survivors or victims. Funny, I was thinking about the Survivor's Cafe! I called around and a few places don't allow religious services or bible studies, darn it! She suggested not to give up and to see if we can go to the top. I'm excited!

I have to admit of feeling so much relief right now. I started to exercise again this week and I'm sure that helped. I found a passage this morning that made me feel equally wonderful today~

Psalm 91:4- He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

Isaiah 43:5- Fear not: for I am with thee: I will bring thy seed from the east, and gather thee from the west.

No comments:

Post a Comment