A little about me

My photo
Brook, IN, United States
Abuse doesn't stop at the court room. Melinda has shared her battles in her life and through the court room as she navigates through the legal system Bringing encouragement, insight and empowerment to those that are in a abusive relationship. She is in the process of creating a new life, speaking engagements to "Break the Silence" of abuse, while putting a face to abuse. She is currently working on writing a book about her experiences as a Survivor.View short Bio here- https://www.patheos.com/blogs/ahappymedium/2013/02/notbrokenbutbrave/

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Apologies?

Reposted from 8/27/2009
About 7:15 am this morning I had a reminder of why I left him. I don't need to mention names.

He left a reminder small lump on my headafter he body slammed me into the door, because I "runined the family", and more insults. I let my guard down. I have marks on my back I'm sore all over, my right arm has finger prints where he dug his hand on my arm. My right wrist is sore, my knuckles are throbbing slightly because I was so angry so I punched him in the face.

I defended myself! He threatened to destroy me, says he has people that are going to take care of me. And not in a good way. Of course much later this morning he has called to apologize. Isn't that sweet?!

I let my guard down. I was worried about our middle daughter who is unhappy about her life, and she wants to take her life. Resonates the same song my oldest son earlier this year. Of course all of this is my fault according to him. He blocks out the times he hurt me, put me down, mentally wore me down.

I could go on and on. I feel as though I have been hit by a mack truck... it's a shame he used the incident of one of the kids to hurt me. Our daughter is being taken to the local hospital by him for evaluation. I feel so bad for our children! I am mad at myself for allowing myself to get so close. I know better! But Mom instincts kicked in. I'll write more later...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The funny thing about this situation, now STBX claims I instigated the whole incident and attacked him. That makes me dangerous and abusive to my children. HUH?! Nothing that man says makes any sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment